#82. Curating The Life You Want with Gail Golden
Jun 08, 2020
About The Show
As a psychologist and consultant for over twenty-five years, Gail Golden has developed deep expertise in helping businesses to build better leaders. She is the author of the new book Curating Your Life which discusses the importance of selecting those activities that are most important, meaningful, and joyful for you so you can fiercely focus your energy on those endeavors. On today’s show you’ll learn more about managing your values to help you decide on the life you want to create for yourself and why Gail says doing so may require embracing mediocrity.
- Free Video Series - 10 Minutes to Stress Free Marketing
These three quick videos are aimed to teach you how to grow your business with simple and easy to implement marketing strategies. Watch them Here
Takeaways From This Episode
- Learn how Gail took years of experience as a psychotherapist; working with individuals and families and now helps business leaders overcome similar mental health challenges.
- Gail addresses work life balance and it’s unrealistic expectations.
- Learn why comparing your inside to others outsides is destructive.
- Most people are just as anxious and imperfect as you are; they're just hiding it better.
- Learn how to decide what’s good for you and what deserves your greatest energy.
- Manage the obnoxious roommate self talk.
- You’re trying to be great at everything, embrace mediocrity.
- Our energy is limited, why taking on more will require you to let go of other things.
- We compare our insides to someone else’s outsides.
- There is no one right way to do this. If this were an easy thing to resolve we would have done it by now.
- People aren’t watching you as closely as you think.
- Live a life that’s productive and joyful and put your energy there.
Connect with Gail:
Get her book HERE
EMAIL: [email protected]
FACEBOOK: Join the Group! The Mompreneur Experience