#74: The Truth About Women in Our Workforce with Marissa Orr
Apr 13, 2020
About The Show:
Marissa Orr, a former executive at Google and Facebook and author of Lean Out, shares how Entrepreneurs can avoid implementing broken business models when running their small businesses. As Mompreneurs we have the power to rebuild how business is done and learn from the costly lessons of corporate’s zero sum game.
I want you to focus on the marketing that helps you create a repeatable and predictable way to generate business. Downloading my Marketing Checklist for tips on how to implement those key items that move your business forward.
Takeaways From This Episode: The old way wasn’t working.
- After 13 years at Google and then Facebook, Marissa shares how the current corporate environment wants women to adopt more man-like behaviors and puts blame on culture.
- Lean Out looks into the institution itself, organizations set up by men back in the industrial age that created working environments in which women grow by managing others requiring more FaceTime in the workplace and completely taking away what they are searching for most in business.
- In an information economy with over 80% of people disengaged at work, hiring the right people means giving your employees the opportunities to find engagement through their work.
- Corporate’s zero sum game leads many of the nation's most talented women to start entrepreneurial adventures.
- Entrepreneurs are delightfully different in their desire to help other women achieve their goals.
- Marissa shares a phenomenal personal story on how to combat fears. Read the full article here.
EMAIL: [email protected]
FACEBOOK: Join the Group! The Mompreneur Experience
**Now more than ever you need community. If you haven’t already joined the Private Facebook Group The Mompreneur Experience Club head over there now. I’m offering special opportunities for you to learn more about running the right business for you. You’ll also love our Facebook Live book club! We are currently reading Marketing Made Simple.
See ya there!**